Values and Ethos
Moving to secondary school is a big step. It marks a milestone in your life and making the right decision is important. It can be a very exciting prospect for you and your parents, as well as being a little overwhelming. We hope that by visiting this website, you will begin to get an idea of what life is like at Abbeyfield School.
We will try to put your mind at rest about those things which might be a concern to you and help you to move on to the next stage of your education with confidence and enthusiasm.
As a school, we have much to offer you:
- First class facilities
- Highly qualified, experienced and friendly staff
- High expectations in all that we do
- An emphasis on making learning enjoyable
Abbeyfield prides itself on being a big school which is small enough to know each child. This is what makes us unique. We want you to be safe, happy and successful here. Abbeyfield School exists for the benefit of its students who are most important in helping to shape its development.
Our priorities for 2018-19 are:
- Growing our culture of aspirational teaching, leading to aspirational outcomes
- Meeting the needs of all students through effective starting points
- High quality and focused CPD through evidence based professional learning
A good school with outstanding qualities.OFSTED 2017